General rules - Breaking these rules can and will get you banned!
- Do not upload official releases!
This tracker is for audience and broadcast recordings. Official recordings (such as B-sides, audio ripped from officially released video, out of print releases) put the site in jeopardy, so please don't upload them.
We currently make an exception for vinyl releases that are no longer in print.
We are happy to trade recordings from radio, TV and the web, where such recordings have not been officially released, and alternative sources for shows that have been released (for example, audience recordings) are permitted.
- Do not upload fanclub CDs!
The Frenz of the Enz fanclub, over a number of years, have produced over 30 live CDs for their members. Conversations with Peter Green, Fanclub president, regarding bootlegging, raise his major concerns:
> There already is one Crowded House Bootlegg cd released from material gathered from MP3's.....off the internet.
This does not benefit Neil Finn, because he does not collect any royalties. Now you might say "well, he doesn't collect any royalties off private trades either", but private trades do not harm an artist in this way. Bootleg CDs released by companies in this fashion harm an artist, and if it continues then the fan club will simply not release any more CDs. Some of the best Crowded House shows ever have only been released as fan club CDs, and if this system were to stop we would lose a very important community asset.
> One important thing we DO NOT want any MP3's of club cds on the internet, that is an area that we do own full copyright on .....they are purely for club members.....which I'm fairly sure you are aware of anyway.
With respect to the work and effort that PG puts into promoting the Finns, especially in the area of making these CDs available, Jane Music respects these wishes. Fan Club CDs are NOT WELCOME on Jane Music. Please do not ask for them to be uploaded.
> yes of course you are fine about being a club member and receiving copies for your own listening pleasure, that is the main reason for the club cds
However, the owner of Jane Music, as a fan club member, is interested in privately receiving copies of these shows, and trading them with other fan club members. Send a PM to Plug for information.
- Do not defy the moderators expressed wishes!
- Do not upload our torrents to other trackers! (See the FAQ for details.)
- Disruptive behaviour in the forums will result in a warning ( ).
You will only get one warning! After that it's bye bye Kansas!
Downloading rules - By not following these rules you will lose download privileges!
- Once you have downloaded 25GB, there is a minimum share ratio of 0.20 (e.g. 5GB uploaded). This should be no problem if you ensure you are connectable.
- Low ratios may result in severe consequences, including banning in extreme cases.
General Forum Guidelines - Please follow these guidelines or else you might end up with a warning!
- No aggressive behaviour or flaming in the forums.
- No trashing of other peoples topics (i.e. spam).
- No language other than English in the forums.
- No systematic foul language (and none at all on titles).
- No warez, links to warez or crack sites, or illegal software.
- No bumping... (All bumped threads will be deleted.)
- No images larger than 800x600, and preferably web-optimised.
- No double posting. If you wish to post again, and yours is the last post
in the thread please use the EDIT function, instead of posting a double.
- Please ensure all questions are posted in the correct section!
- Last, please read the FAQ before asking any questions!
Avatar Guidelines - Please try to follow these guidelines
- The allowed formats are .gif, .jpg and .png.
- Be considerate. Resize your images to a width of 150 px and a size of no more than 150 KB.
(Browsers will rescale them anyway: smaller images will be expanded and will not look good;
larger images will just waste bandwidth and CPU cycles.) For now this is just a guideline but
it will be automatically enforced in the near future.
- Do not use potentially offensive material involving porn, religious material, animal / human
cruelty or ideologically charged images. Mods have wide discretion on what is acceptable.
If in doubt PM one.
Uploading rules - Torrents violating these rules may be deleted without notice
- Make sure your torrents are well-seeded for at least 24 hours.
- Stay active! You risk being demoted if you have no active torrents.